Today’s the day, dude…
I’m writing this to you as both a declaration and a warning: your life is in your hands and your hands only. It’s the only thing you control. So, uh… Thank positive and just, go do it! All the shit you’ve ever dreamed of; managing your time correctly, calling friends and family more. Getting rich! Easy, right?
Nah. It’s not that…simple. In fact, most of us fail within the first thirty minutes of setting a mental goal.
So much for “thinking positive.”
It’s December, now. Which means holiday shopping and spending time with loved ones. Something akin to a long, exciting weekend. There’s something important I want you to focus on this month, though. This month, spend your time, mental and physical energy focused on practical ways to fulfill your greatest ambitions on a daily basis.
Here’s how I think you should do this, bud:
- In the morning, especially the morning, stretch for 5 minutes. Try to increase the duration if your stretches every day. Do this before you even touch your phone. Remember: Head, shoulders, knees & toes. 🙂
- After washing: Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. Lotions, balms, butters. All the good stuff. Even better after a shower. Helps keep your skin fresh, and adds +15 to your Self-Esteem stat. 🙂
- Make your bed. I added this 3rd because it’s usually(should be) everyone’s FIRST thing, and it’s the most mundane. Yet, it remains very important to remain top three. This is the first “task” you check off your goals list.
- Breakfast. Now, I know you enjoy more dairy and sugar recently, so as a friendly reminder: moderation. Eliminate unnecessary sodium in pre-packaged food, and stuff you have to microwave. Add more nuts and fruits, veggies, and, whole grains to your morning meal. It can be quick, easy, and fun… In fact, I’ll send you some recipes.
- Set a positive tone for your day with meme: Your first meme of the day is not the one you share on Facebook. It is your thoughts followed by an action. Eliminate any negative feelings about the day(Monday is your friend). Reinforce positive thinking. “I’m going to have a great day. I am going to accomplish _____ goal no matter what.” Try speaking this aloud while you’re getting dressed, eating breakfast, or stretching. Also, this meme CAN be shared with others, liked, and commented on IRL. Do it, people will love you for it.
I know I’m a bit wordy and I’ll do my best with brevity next time, but I want you to know this is very… No. EXTREMELY important, my friend. Spend every day mastering these five points. Nurture them without reasonable doubt and tell me the results in January. If you have any questions, I will expand on these points, personally. So feel free to ask.
Want to know what I made today? Check out the recipe I’ve linked.